The age of the round smartwatches is finally picking up steam. The Moto 360 is less than a week away, and so is a round Android Wear device from LG. The Amazon Fire Phone is in the news again, but not for good reasons. Same can be said about OnePlus’ “explosive” phone. Other topics this week include Apple’s September 9th iPhone post, Swing Copters drama, and much more! Thanks for watching/listening!
Programming Note: we will not be recording the podcast next week due to IFA/Motorola event craziness.
- LG G Watch R is a round smartwatch (and new square ones coming)
- Amazon only sells 35,000 Fire Phones
- OnePlus One explodes in someones pocket
- Apple Sept. 9th event invites go out
- Swing Copters dev accused of copying Bog Racer
- Coolest Cooler breaks Pebble Kickstarter record
- LG G3 could be first LG device to sell 10 million
- HTC One M8 for Windows headed to T-Mobile
- Kevin: Apple finally gives in to NFC? (combo win/fail)
- Joe: HTC One Remix is cool / Samsung Ice Bucket Challenge ad
- Chris: Dropbox’s new low pricing / Hyperlapse not coming to Android
- Moto 360 slim steel now available
- Watch makers target pirates
- Mobile Roar Podcast 71
- Amazon app adds Android Wear support
- Check out the OnePlus One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.