Announced during the wee hours of last night, the HTC Desire 510 is a sexy little entry level Android that wont break the bank. While the official announcement did a good job at revealing the new handset (which seriously, looks awesome), it was mum on exact availability details like when — and more importantly, where — we can plan on picking one up in the future.
This afternoon, HTC USA took to their Twitter account to reveal exactly where we can pick up the HTC Desire 510 later this year, listing off Sprint, Virgin Mobile, Boost Mobile and even Cricket. For this living a little more north, HTC Canada also chimed in, revealing that the handset will be available from Fido Mobile, Rogers, SaskTel, Telus, Videotron, and Virgin Mobile (Canada, of course). For those that need a little refresher on exactly what the HTC Desire 510 offers up, check out some of the basic hardware specs listed below.
HTC Desire 510 specs
- 4.7-inch FWVGA display
- Quad-core 1.2GHz Snapdragon 410 processor
- 8GB of internal storage (microSD up to 128GB)
- 1GB of RAM
- 5MP rear camera, VGA front camera
- Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi N, GPS w/ GLONASS
- 2,100mAh battery
- 4G LTE
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 139.9 x 69.8 x 9.99mm, 158g
One of the coolest parts about the HTC Desire 510 is that HTC will also offer a compatible Dot View case made especially for the device. A stylish way to the protect the handset, the Dot View case allows you to see specific notifications and interact with the device even while the case is closed. HTC recently updated the Dot View app on Google Play to allows users to upload their own images, while expanding notification support. Slick.
- Cyanogen CEO: change in guard coming
- Make your phone like S6 Edge
- Hands-on: HTC One M9 new Dot View case
- Report: Google carrier requires Nexus 6
- Check out the HTC Desire 510 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Boost Mobile, HTC Desire 510