It seems the Ice Bucket challenge that has been designed to raise ALS / Lou Gherig’s disease awareness doesn’t only apply to us waterproof humans — phones are beginning to go sentient and are getting in on the fun themselves. The Samsung Galaxy S5 decided to take the challenge itself. How did it fare? Well, aside from a bit of harsh chilliness afterward, it came out just fine. That’s not surprising with it being a waterproof phone, and all.
As is customary with folks participating in this movement, the Samsung Galaxy S5 challenged three other phones to do the same — namely, the iPhone 5S, the HTC One M8 and the Nokia Lumia 930. Those are three of the most popular smartphones from each major mobile operating system.
We’re not sure if it’s by coincidence or by design that Samsung decided to challenge three phones that aren’t advertised to be waterproof, but either way it’s a pretty funny way to poke fun at your competitors. At the very least, we’re just happy Samsung isn’t above having a bit of fun in their ongoing marketing efforts. You can watch the video above, and head here to read more about the ALS Ice Bucket challenge and how you can participate to help spread awareness.
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Big Android Meat and Greet
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the HTC One M8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.