Verizon’s DROID lineup of phones have a long history, and maintain the honor of being one of the first highly marketed devices that helped accelerate Android to new heights. There’s no secret that the line fell by the wayside at one point, but Motorola introduced a stellar lineup last year to help revive it. It looks like things could get even better.
- 2.65GHz Snapdragon 805
- 3GB RAM
- 32GB of storage
- 1440 x 2560 resolution (640 DPI, which would be around 4.6 inches)
- Android 4.4.4
- 20 megapixel rear camera, 2 megapixel front camera
The device, with the model number XT1254, was spotted in the Bluetooth SIG database not too long ago. Even with that shred of evidence that it may be real we’d suggest taking the rumor with a grain of salt. Motorola wasn’t all that interested in trying to push the specs race with last year’s models, however there’s nothing stopping them from changing course and deciding to drop an absolute beast of a phone that even Samsung would be proud of.
Unfortunately there doesn’t appear to be any information in regards to the device’s release date, but considering we’re coming close to a year since last year’s DROID lineup launched we’d say it might not be long until we see Verizon looking to push the sequel. All we can do is hope for more information as we head straight into the fall.
- Deal: 50% off expensive VZW phones
- Blue Motorola DROID Turbo comes to Best Buy
- Motorola Droid Turbo Review
- Droid Turbo tips for new owners
- Check out the Motorola DROID Turbo forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.