Folks who do their daily bidding with MIUI will love what the folks behind the Android ROM have come up with. MIUI 6 introduces sweeping changes in areas of functionality, user interface and more.
The biggest change you’ll notice immediately is the new flat user interface, giving it a modern look and feel that many designers have clung to as of late. Iconography is simple and colorful, apps are presented in minimalist fashion, and there’s not a single ounce of that god-awful bubble effect that became so prominent following the iPhone’s rise to popularity. You’ll see the new user interface and design language throughout all aspects of MIUI.
There’s a lot to look forward to on the features side of things, as well. Here’s a quick list highlighting some of the biggest changes:
- New built-in virus scanning and protection, and a Permissions app for controlling which apps can use data.
- Built-in Clean Master app to keep cache, temporary files and other clutter at a minimum.
- Improved data usage control
- Built-in functionality to identify, mark or block unwanted calls
- Improved threaded email support and attachment support
- Do not disturb mode
- Sliding up on lock screen now takes you directly to your home screen.
- Ability to switch between cards vs icons for multitasking
All of it will be featured by default on the Xiaomi Mi 4, natch, and we imagine the changes will be in tow for everyone else (whether you’re using a ROM on a phone or an older Xiaomi phone) in due time. Unfortunately MIUI had no exact details to share about availability, so we’re reaching out to see if they can share more. We’ll certainly deliver those details as soon as they become available so be sure to keep an eye on Phandroid. Head to the source link to check out the massive gallery!
- Microsoft making Windows 10 ROM
- Xiaomi launching Mi.com in the US this year
- Xiaomi Mi 4 unveiled
- MIUI for tablets now available
TAGS: MIUI , MIUI V6 , Xiaomi Mi 4 , Xiaomi Mi-3