After what appears to have been a successful soak test, the Motorola Moto X on AT&T is finally ready to receive its update to Android 4.4.4. Reports can be found of users seeing the update update hit their devices today as build number 212.44.26. For a rundown of everything the update looks to address, Motorola’s official changelog can be found below.
- Android 4.4.4 KitKat is the latest release of the Android platform. This release includes accuracy improvements to the power profile, several stability, framework and security fixes including update to OpenSSL.
- Improved camera image quality including better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, improved photos in low light conditions using front camera.
- Added the ability to pause video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
- Updated Phone dialer with new graphical layout and colors to improve consistency and usability.
While you could always wait for your device to prompt you about the update, those with less patience will no doubt like to take matters into their own hands. Those looking to manually update can open up the Settings app, then select About phone > System updates > Download > (after downloaded) Install > Wait for the automatic reboot.
This now leaves the Sprint Moto X as the only model from “the Big 4″ to have not received Android 4.4.4 (along with regional carrier variants). But those of you with a Moto X on Sprint shouldn’t feel too down, we’re hearing reports a soak test for 4.4.4 is already underway. If everything checks out, expect 4.4.4 to officially hit the Sprint model in the coming days.
- AT&T halts Moto X update
- Moto X (2013) begins soak testing for Android
- Moto X 2013 getting Lollipop in a few weeks
- Android 5.1 release notes for Moto X 1st & 2nd Gen, Moto E 2nd Gen
TAGS: Android 4.4.4 KitKat , Motorola Moto X