According to the rumor mill, Google and Motorola are said to be bringing out a new device codenamed “Shamu” that will eventually make its way to the market as the Nexus 6. We haven’t known much about it up to this point, but a new benchmark leak could shed some light on what to expect out of the device. Let’s not waste any time with what you’re here for:
- 5.2-inch 2560 x 1440 display
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 chipset @ 2.6GHz w/ Adreno 420 GPU
- 3GB of RAM and an odd 24GB of internal storage
- 13 megapixel rear camera, 2.1 megapixel front camera
- NFC, Bluetooth, WiFi and GPS
We’re not sure how accurate this benchmark is. The storage is particularly peculiar as we don’t often see a phone in configurations outside of 16GB, 32GB and 64GB. The existence of 24GB could indicate a device with 16GB of internal storage and an 8GB microSD card, but we can’t say for sure.
Another point of contention is that the original rumor told tales of a 5.9 inch display, which is a far cry from the 5.2 inch panel listed above. Perhaps it’s just circumstances of it being a prototype device that is most likely nowhere near final specification.
We sure wouldn’t mind seeing a device like this come to market if it all does turn out to be true, but with this thing still firmly planted in the “rumor” space we’re not going to get our hopes up too high.
- Play Music Nexus 6 offer
- Nexus 6 pre-sale goes live
- DROID Turbo vs Nexus 6
- Nexus 6 has double tap-to-wake
- Check out the Nexus 6 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Nexus 6, Motorola Shamu, Nexus 6