SwiftKey has long been our go-to keyboard for Android and ever since going free a few weeks back, it’s probably now yours too. Unfortunately, it seems something in the coding was causing SwiftKey to misbehave recently, with the app taking unusually long to load, occasional lag when typing, and/or causing excessive battery drain on some of our devices. Thankfully, the folks at SwiftKey are back today with an update that looks to address many of these issues, while bringing a few extra goodies along for the ride.
SwiftKey Keyboard 220.127.116.11 update:
- Improved typing performance
- Improved some translations
- Improved keyboard loading time
- Improved Flow performance
- Fix for the bottom row being hidden in some devices
- Fixed Yahoo! personalization
- Fixed background disappearing issue in some themes
- Fixed some other force closes and crashes
- New languages: Kyrgyz, Tajik and Turkmen
- New languages for emoji prediction: Arabic, Czech, Greek, Hebrew, Polish and Russian
Users will find 5 new themes available in the SwiftKey theme store: Spotlight Purple, Edge Green, Pulse Yellow, Pulse Pink and Hazy Pink. Each are 99 cents each, but are included in various themes packs — all of which have been discounted to only $2 for a limited time (normally $3). Anyone looking to visit the Theme Store only need to long press the “123” key on the keyboard and select “Themes.”
SwiftKey promises that moving forward, performance will be their core focus and will continue improving speed and reliability for other devices in the future. If you recently stopped using the app because it wasn’t acting up on you, now would be a good time to revisit and take SwiftKey for another test run. It’s not like it’ll cost you anything. You can get SwiftKey 18.104.22.168 by visiting the link below to the Google Play Store.