After a soak test began last week for Android 4.4.4 on the Motorola Moto X, it seems Verizon is now comfortable enough to begin pushing it out to the masses. The 210.12.41 update has been officially approved by Verizon and besides the SSL security fixes addressed in Android 4.4.4, manages to bring a few smaller surprises to the mix. Here’s what Moto X users on Verizon can expect from the update:
• Improved camera picture quality
– Improved photos in fluorescent lighting
– Enhanced dynamic range
• Ability to pause video recording
– Offers pause/resume button on the finder
• New graphical layout and colors
– Improves consistency and usability
For those that don’t want to wait around for Verizon to prompt them about the update, it can be pulled manually by jumping into your Settings app and selecting > About phone > System updates. If there’s nothing currently available, just check back the following days where it will continue rolling out in stages. Cheers.
- Unlocked HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 + EYE Experience tomorrow
- HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 and EYE Experience in Europe
- Buy Verizon Moto X today!
- VZW Moto X available 9/26
- Check out the Motorola Moto X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android 4.4.4, KitKat, Motorola Moto X