As great as many of the early Final Fantasy titles are, the Japanese RPG games are no doubt horribly overpriced in the Google Play Store. Titles cost as much as $16, and while that gives you a pretty full game with hours of gameplay and no in-app purchases, it’s still a little much considering PC versions of these classics can be had for quite a bit cheaper.
Thankfully Square Enix has decided to lower those prices quite a bit during this summer sale they’re putting on. The sales will come in waves, with the first two offers being for Final Fantasy 3 and Final Fantasy 4. Both titles can be had for $8, down from the $16 they’re usually available for. Here’s the full breakdown of dates and prices for each game going on sale:
- July 24th – July 30th: Final Fantasy III – $7.99 (normally $15.99)
- July 24th – July 30th: Final Fantasy IV – $7.99 (normally $15.99)
- July 31st – August 6th: Final Fantasy V – TBA (normally $15.99)
- August 7th – August 18th: Final Fantasy IV: The After Years – TBA (normally $15.99)
- August 7th – August 18th: Final Fantasy VI – TBA (normally $15.99)
We won’t assume that the other titles will be getting a drop to the same $7.99 as the first two up for grabs, though we’re certainly hoping for that trend to continue. You can use the links above to get to their respective listings in the Google Play Store if you’re interested. We’ll be updating this post as the weeks go on to reflect the confirmed pricing for all remaining titles.