Those with the teflon coated HTC One M8 on Sprint (seriously, the phone is super slippery) are being greeted with another OTA from The Now Network. Among bug fixes and general stability improvements, the update brings WiFi calling to the One M8, something that should come in handy when network coverage is lacking indoors.
Sprint metions the over-the-air update will be rolling out in stages over the next few days, so don’t freak out if you haven’t received it yet. Aside from waiting to be prompted that the update is ready for your device, you can always manually check by opening your Settings app and selecting: System updates > HTC software update > Check now.
It was back in February Sprint first announced the new WiFi Calling feature coming soon to devices on their network. We’re sure more updates will continue rolling out for additional devices in the coming months.
- PSA: something broke voice calling on some HT
- Get an HTC Double Dip case for $1, 50% off or
- Get an unlocked HTC One M8 for $370 (reburbis
- One M8 GPe Lollipop delay
- Check out the HTC One M8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: HTC One M8, WiFi Calling