Owners of the Google Play Edition HTC One M8 and HTC One M7 should be waking up to a new upgrade this morning. Before you get excited — no, it isn’t Android L. It’s the much less exciting Android 4.4.4, a simple maintenance and security upgrade to shore up the already-solid KitKat build. The main changes in this round of updates address the scary HeartBleed vulnerability that was the talk of the town weeks ago.
The update should be making its way to your device over-the-air shortly, though if you find you’re an impatient being and want to check for yourself you can always head to Settings > About phone > System updates to check for it. As always, you’ll want to make sure you’re on WiFi and have a decently charged battery before going forward. Let us know how it’s treating you once you successfully pull it down.
- Get an unlocked HTC One M8 for $370 (reburbis
- One M8 GPe Lollipop delay
- HTC One M8 running Android 5.0 Lollipop (Sense 6.0)
- Apple iPhone One M8 [RUMOR]
- Check out the HTC One M8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.