Samsung is kicking off a pilot program to allow potential customers to try out their new phones and smartwatches (Samsung specifically mentioned the Galaxy S5, Note 3, Gear 2 and Gear Fit) for a bit of time. It’ll be great for those who are wondering if the grass really is greener on the other side and wouldn’t mind giving it a real no obligation try for themselves. You’ll get 21 days — a full three weeks — to see if the device you are interested in is worth the money.
There is one caveat: you’ll have to agree to a refundable deposit on your debit or credit card. Unfortunately Samsung doesn’t specify how much this deposit is, though it shouldn’t be so much that it’ll tie up all your finances. The deposit is fully refunded at the end of the trial period if you decide not to go through with the purchase. Otherwise, you can opt to be charged the full amount and keep the phone for yourself.
Wondering where you’ll be able to take part? Samsung is running the trial at the following 5 Galaxy Studio retail locations:
- Dallas-Fort Worth/Frisco, TX: Stonebriar Centre Mall, 2601 Preston Rd, Frisco, TX 75034
- Houston/The Woodlands, TX: The Woodlands Mall, 1201 Lake Woodlands Dr, The Woodlands, TX 77380
- Los Angeles/Canoga Park, CA: Westfield Topanga, 6600 Topanga Canyon Blvd, Canoga Park, CA 91303
- New York City: Samsung Galaxy Studio SoHo, 130 Prince Street, NY, NY
- Santa Clara, CA: Westfield Valley Fair, 2855 Stevens Creek Blvd, Santa Clara, CA 95050
That’s not a healthy helping of locations, but if you’re in any of those areas and wouldn’t mind carrying around one of the latest Galaxy devices for a few weeks you’ll know where to go.
- T-Mobile’s Samsung Galaxy S5 is receivi
- Google unveils limited edition Skrillex cases
- Android Wear on Gear 2
- Brand new AT&T Samsung Galaxy S5 for $350 [DEALS]