It would be natural for anyone to believe the Nokia X family is Nokia’s first and last line of Android products, what with them being fully and officially owned by Microsoft, and all. But there’s a possibility that they could be continuing their modest trek into Android territory with a follow-up device.
The company has started teasing an announcement that they’ll be making in about three and a half days. They published a post on their “Nokia Conversations” blog titled “Green with Envy,” and reminded us that “summer brings out our inner glow.” The graphic they used for all this certainly does have a lot of green in it, as well.
One would think all that green would mean they’re hyping up an announcement of some sort of follow-up to the Nokia X, as it was that same hue they used leading up to the announcement of the original line. And with rumors of a Nokia X2 swirling about, there’s reason to believe their Android days are not yet over.
The latest Nokia X2 rumors say to expect the following:
- Android 4.3 Jelly Bean (likely with heavy customization
- dual-core Snapdragon 200 MSM8x10 processor
- 1GB of RAM
Sounds like another unimpressive outing, though we suppose this smartphone isn’t meant for techies like us. The original Nokia X family was designed to help people graduate from feature phones to smartphones by offering the device at a very inexpensive price point.
The Nokia X2 could turn out to be a very good value depending on its price, but we’ll have to see it in the flesh before we make any crass assumptions. Be sure to circle back Tuesday to see what they have on tap.
- Android 5.0.2 factory images now available fo
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- T-Mobile’s other Super Bowl plans inclu
- Google Now now officially supports 3rd party
- Check out the Nokia X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Nokia XL forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Nokia X, Nokia X Plus, Nokia X2, Nokia XL