The Pebble app for Android could use a lot of work. They are slowly improving it, and it has come a long way since launch, but it could be better. They are working hard to improve it, and now they are giving users early access to new features. The folks at Pebble have created a new beta app and community for Android users.
To be a member of the beta and try new features before everyone else you have to join the group. Head on over to the Google+ group, opt in to the receive the beta, and download the app. You will now get more updates than the regular app. Here are some of the features you can get right away:
- Adds a new user interface for managing the connection to your Pebble
- Adds support for automatically changing the color of the Pebble graphics based on the color of the connected
- The user interface for side-loading Pebble apps is now consistent with the Pebble apps installed from the App Store
- Fixes a bug where the time on Pebble would not update when the phone’s time zone changed
- Fixes several issues encountered by some users when pairing or connecting a Pebble
- Many other bug fixes
Hit up the link below to join the group and start getting new features!
- Pebble vs Android Wear notifications
- Pebble now supports Android Wear
- Pebble gets full Android notification support
- Pebble + Steel head to UK