Everyone’s getting geared up for the 2014 FIFA World Cup set to kick-off in Brazil next month. That includes theScore, whose app has gotten a very nice upgrade over at the Google Play Store.
Alongside a newly-redesigned user interface (it looks a lot more at home than it did before), you’re getting a full section specifically made for the 2014 FIFA World Cup, including brackets for the initial knockout phases. You’ll be treated to your typical mill of scores, stats and schedules, as well as information about all your favorite teams and players heading into the big tournament.
And that’s not even the end of the list. Take a look:
- Added ability to sign up for mass notifications on scores pages (i.e.: subscribe to alerts for all MLB games on any given day)
- Added ability to filter by leagues within Top News
- Addition of player alerts for all soccer leagues
- Fixed “connection error” issue on scores and standings pages
- Crash fixes
Not a bad way to rope more folks in (especially for those like me who are getting quite tired of the dated ESPN Scorecenter app). Be sure to give it a shot in the Google Play Store ahead of the big opening ceremony next week!
- Hands-on: Android 5.0 Lollipop Developer Preview
- 15 Best Lollipop Songs
- Fall Colors Wallpaper
- Nexus Player on eBay