Here’s a quick deal for those of you planning on buying a new smartphone or tablet on Ma Bell soon. AT&T is giving away $50 in Google Play credit to folks buying an Android smartphone or tablet under a two-year contract or an AT&T Next installment agreement.
Google Play credit is good toward any digital items over at Google Play, including books, games, apps, music, movies, magazines and TV shows. What you can’t get are devices and accessories, so keep that in mind whenever you’re planning out your splurge fest. Here are just a few things to note from AT&T’s FAQ:
- Upon getting your phone, AT&T will email you with a code within seven business days, and you’ll need to redeem the code by July 31st to get in on it. No
- You can get up to 10 of these $50 credits if you happen to be activating that many Android devices.
- The credits must be used by May 15th, 2015 or else they’ll expire.
- You’ll need a Google Wallet account to redeem the credits, but if you have a Google account (which you should since you’re getting an Android device) that should be easy enough.
And that’s it. No reason not to take advantage if you are planning to upgrade or open new lines of service. Be sure to read up on the promotion here and go wild in the Play Store whenever your credits arrive.
- Google Play "Designed for Families"
- Google Play Store 5.4 immersive listings
- Google Play deals: handful of movies for $5
- Play Store update adds white Google Search bar
TAGS: Google Play