Google’s Android Twitter page tweeted an interesting hidden feature in Google Search that many of you probably didn’t even know existed. The next time you get the hankering to do a little home cooking and are looking for recipes online, Google Search can make that process easier with their ingredients checklist.
Only available on Google Search web at the moment, you click the “more” drop down in the upper right and then select the “ingredients” option to filter recipes by ingredients. It’s nothing too major and despite @Android hashtagging #OkGoogle, this actually can’t be done in the Google Search app for Android — only the browser.
Weird, but maybe they’re planning on adding this in the near future? Who knows. But in the meantime, give it a go and let us know if you think something like this could be helpful, or if it’s simply a waste of time. Oh, and before anyone gets any weird ideas, no that is not a Nexus 6 slip pictured above. It’s nothing more than a generic smartphone mockup.
- Google Voice Search now supports more than 50 different languages
- Google Now gets Field Trip integration, will now act as a virtual tour guide
- "Shamu" Nexus 6 specs leak
- Google Search update knows when you're traveling to better serve you
- Check out the Nexus 6 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.