Heads up, Motorola has just announced via their official blog that they’ve begun preparations to begin rolling out Android 4.4.3 to their smartphone lineup this week. The update is set to hit the T-Mobile Motorola Moto X (we’re assuming they mean unlocked model), as well as unlocked models of the Moto G (US online or Brazil retail) and Moto E (US and Canada).
What’s interesting is Motorola says the Moto E is still eligible for the next major firmware upgrade, leaving us to assume after that it could be the last one. Here’s what you can look forward to once the over-the-air update hits your device:
Motorola’s Android 4.4.3 update
- Improved camera image quality for Moto X including better consistency of exposure, more realistic flash coloring, and improved photos in low light conditions using front camera.
- For Moto X and Moto G, pausing for video recording with a convenient pause/resume button on the viewfinder.
- Motorola Alert in this update for Moto X and Moto G users. This new app helps give peace of mind by sending periodic messages to the contacts you choose.
Motorola also mentions the update will bring new UI changes as well, along with overall stability fixes, added security, and improvements to Motorola’s power profiles. Sit tight, as the rollout begins today. Anyone got their Android 4.4.3 OTA yet?
- Moto X (2013) begins soak testing for Android
- USCC's Moto phones get 5.1
- Motorola Moto G (2013) now receiving Android 5.0.2 Lollipop
- Moto X 2013 getting Lollipop in a few weeks