We’ve talked about the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime to no end lately, but throughout all that talk we haven’t actually seen anything. That might have changed this morning, though, with newly leaked photos reportedly giving us a glimpse at the premium device.
The shots show a very Galaxy S5-esque phone, dimpled back and all. There are a couple subtle differences (namely the odd lack of a speaker grill on the back, as well as slightly different assembly of the heart rate monitor), so it’s certainly possible that this could be the phone we all think (and hope) it is.
The Galaxy S5 Prime is expected to up the ante to a level that the Galaxy S5 was originally thought to be introduced at. The rumors peg display resolution at 2560 x 1440, and says we can also expect an upgraded processor (either an octa-core Exynos or a Snapdragon 805), as well as 3GB of RAM.
It’s unfortunate that Samsung will look to introduce a more premium model of the device instead of making this their flagship, but the decision has been made and this is what we’re faced with. It’s up to you to decide if it’s worth ditching your current smartphone (be it the Galaxy S5 or some other device) for this bad boy. Here’s hoping we hear something more soon enough.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop running on the Samsung Galaxy S5 [VIDEO]
- Virginia police can order you unlock a phone with your fingerprint
- Galaxy S5 Lollipop in December?
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus w/Snapdragon 805 headed to Netherlands
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.