Samsung can deny rumors of a higher-end Samsung Galaxy S5 all they want, but that hasn’t stopped leaks of the device from springing up all around the internets. This time, we have something a little more official and comes by way of the Bluetooth SIG. Turns out both the alleged Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime (SM-G906L) and the Samsung Galaxy S5 Google Play edition (SM-G900FG) has recently received their Bluetooth certification, the usual sign of an impending release.
Other than model numbers, the Bluetooth documentation doesn’t reveal much. While we already know exactly what the Google Play edition S5 will offer — a mostly stock Android experience using Samsung’s hardware — the S5 Prime is still a bit of a mystery. According to rumors, the Prime will feature a QHD 2K display, Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 processor, and support LTE-A. Some believe this might be an exclusive model to South Korea where competition between Samsung and LG is fierce.
Guess all we can do now is wait for something more official, or more leaks. In the meantime, Samsung is hosting a press event on June 12th to talk about their new SAMOLED tablet line. I know I wasn’t too enthusiastic about the TouchWiz’d version of the Galaxy S5 for reasons, but my money is currently on that Google Play edition that already sorta popped up in the Play Store a few weeks back. We’ll be keeping an eye out.
- Size comparison: iPhone 6 vs HTC One M8, Galaxy S5, and Galaxy Alpha
- Galaxy S5 Ice Bucket challenge
- Samsung introduces a single micro USB cable t
- Verizon intros Push to Talk Plus
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 Prime forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.