Samsung is sending out invites to members of the press for a June 12th New York City event. The invitation urges folks to “tab into color,” which is a pretty obvious way of saying “we have some new Galaxy Tabs to announce.” Samsung doesn’t typically put on an event for a device not worth the noise, so we’re not expecting this to be the typical ho-hum Galaxy tab you’re used to.
Murmurings of a new line of premium tablets by Samsung have been strong lately. We’re told to expect the “ Samsung Galaxy Tab S” that will come in 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch flavors. These devices are said to have 2560 x 1600 AMOLED displays, which would explain their whole “color” theme.
- Octa-core Exynos 5 (5420) featuring four 1.9GHz Cortex-A15 cores, and four 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores – 6-core ARM Mali-T628 GPU clocked at 533MHz
- 3GB of 32-bit dual-channel 933 MHz LPDDR3e RAM
- 8MP (3264×2448) camera with 1080p Full HD video recording / 2.1-Megapixel (1920×1080) front facing camera
- IR blaster
If those specs turn out to be true then this will be Samsung’s single greatest line of tablets yet, which is no small feat considering the TabPro and NotePro pack quite a bit of punch themselves. Circle the date on your calendar and know that Phandroid will be in the Big Apple to bring you a first-hand look at Samsung’s latest.
- HTC One M9, Galaxy S6 price
- Softcard to shut down March 31st
- GMA's 2015 mobile awards
- King of Thieves for Android
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.