A few weeks back, we told you guys about an a strange bug involving that AT&T variants of the HTC One M8 that prevented users from redeeming Google Drive’s 50GBs free offer. HTC promised a fix was underway and true to their word, a new software build 1.58.502.1 is currently rolling out to One M8’s on AT&T and it successfully irons out whatever kinks were preventing users from taking advantage of the promo.
Once the update has been applied, users can jump into their Settings > About > Software information to verify they’re running the correct build number (1.58.502.1) after which the 50geebees is all theirs — well, almost. Next the Google Drive app will need to be reset in order to gain access to the 50 free GBs. Here are the steps:
- Open Settings
- Scroll down to Apps
- Swipe left until the “ALL” tab is displayed
- Scroll down to Drive
- Press Clear data
- Reopen the Google Drive app
- Sign in
- Enjoy 50GB of free Google Drive storage!
And that’s all there is to it. HTC apologizes for the convenience this may have caused their users and if you’d like to read the statement from HTC regarding the issue (and fix), you can find it on their HTC Advantage page here.
UPDATE: Oh, and the update appears to have introduced HTC’s Extreme Power Saving Mode for the AT&T version, bringing it up to speed with its Sprint counterpart. Neato.
- "OK Google" coming soon to Drive
- PSA: something broke voice calling on some HT
- Get an HTC Double Dip case for $1, 50% off or
- Get an unlocked HTC One M8 for $370 (reburbis
- Check out the HTC One M8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Google Drive, HTC Advantage, HTC One M8