It wasn’t too long ago it felt like MVNOs like Boost Mobile or Virgin Mobile only got last year’s big Android leftovers. Well, the times they are a changin’ and after announcing plans to carry the Samsung Galaxy S5 for use on their network, Virgin Mobile is finally back with an official launch date: May 19th.
As a pre-paid carrier operating on Sprint’s network, Virgin still hasn’t revealed pricing but expect it to hit around the $500 mark (the Apple iPhone 5s 64GB is currently on sale for $525). Virgin Mobile’s lowest contract-free plans start out at only $35 a month for unlimited data, texting, and 300 minutes. They also offer $5 off for enrolling in auto-pay.
Not a bad deal for Android fans on a budget (providing you have ample Sprint coverage in your area). For more info, hit up the source link below.
- Android 5.0 Lollipop running on the Samsung Galaxy S5 [VIDEO]
- Virginia police can order you unlock a phone with your fingerprint
- Galaxy S5 Lollipop in December?
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Plus w/Snapdragon 805 headed to Netherlands
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S5, Virgin Mobile