It’d be naive of us to think Samsung isn’t working on a smaller version of the Samsung Galaxy S5, but it’s always nice to have a little proof of that in the absence of official confirmation. We might have gotten our first bit of info, though, as the “Samsung Galaxy S5 Dx” has leaked on the company’s own website.
The photos on the page certainly don’t show a full-fledged Galaxy S5. There’s no heartbeat monitor for starters, which is to be expected on a phone that’s built to be more affordable than the bigger brother it’s based on. Whatever it is, it looks like Samsung won’t be skimping on the color options given to you. Green, grey, white, blue, orange and yellow are all well-represented here.
There’s nothing more to be gleamed from what we’ve seen thus far except that they’re predictably going to be pushing this phone alongside the Samsung Gear smart watches. A previous leak did give us a hint as to what will be packed inside, though you should know the drill by now (grains of salt are needed):
- 4.5-inch 720p HD Super AMOLED display
- Snapdragon Processor (Snapdragon 400?)
- 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of Internal Storage
- 8MP rear camera with 2MP front camera
- 2,100mAh battery
- IR Blaster
- IP67 certification for waterproof and dust proof
- Android 4.4 KitKat
Not too shabby, though we understand if that list isn’t inciting any enthusiasm. Let’s just hope Samsung puts some respectable computing power inside of this thing instead of cutting every corner they can.
- AT&T announces S5 Mini
- You can grab the Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini for a
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini official
- Galaxy S5 Mini (Dx) full frontal leak