Huawei’s latest flagship smartphone is finally on the table, folks. It’s the Ascend P7, and as is typical with this line of premium devices it comes in looking very suave-like. Its slim 6.5mm form factor is about as thin as you’re going to get, and its tight lines minimalist, no frills design definitely works here (although we can’t help but notice it looks a little iPhone-ish).
So what’s going to power this thing under the hood? Take a look at the quick spec sheet for yourself:
- 5-inch 1080p HD display
- HiSilicon quad-core 1.8GHz processor with Mali450 graphics
- 2GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage (microSD card slot up to 32GB included)
- 13 megapixel Sony Exmor aperture f/2.0 sensor with an 8 megapixel front camera
- NFC, WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0
- 2,500mAh battery
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Emotion UI
- 139.8mm x 68.8mm x 6.5mm, 124g
There’s not a whole lot exciting going on with the software — Emotion UI comes with some pretty decent features and tools, and you can theme it. It looks like an iOS reject at first glance, but we imagine that can be fixed with an app or two. Huawei’s super power saving mode will allow you to stretch 10% battery for an additional 24 hours on standby (but that is likely cut way down when actually using the thing).
We can’t speak to the device’s processor and how smooth of an experience it will provide just yet, but all in all the Ascend P7 sounds like a pretty capable smartphone by Huawei’s standards. It should be available 449 euro at some point this month in the following markets:
China, the United Kingdom, Germany, Italy, France, Spain, Portugal, Ireland, the Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Poland, Lithuania, Estonia, Latvia, Serbia, Greece, Norway, Hungary, Denmark, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Austria, Hong Kong, Thailand, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and the United Arab Emirates
Interested? Let us know in the comments below!
- Huawei Ascend P7 leaked
- Best Android Smartwatch 2014
- Netflix removing 65 titles
- New Google Self-Driving Car
- Check out the Huawei Ascend P7 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Huawei Ascend P7