Quick update for you NVIDIA Shield owners out there today. NVIDIA has released update 77, which curiously comes in at a hefty 460MB. We say curiously because the list of changes is quite small:
- Fixes a bug that prevents moving app files to SD card in certain cases when using the Settings → Apps → ‘Move to SD card’ function
- Fixes ability to use bumpers to adjust volume; enable option from Settings → Controller → Volume Control
- In conjunction with the latest GeForce Experience 2.0.1 update, improves security and audio latency for GameStream
Sounds like NVIDIA thought it best not to send a more manageable file size and deliver the full firmware instead. Needless to say, you won’t want to be tethering to a mobile hotspot if you want to download this one on the go. Wait until you can get to an unmetered WiFi connection to pull it down, and let’s hope they have an even bigger (figuratively, not literally) update planned for summer. You can head to your settings menu to get started.
[via NVIDIA ]
- SHIELD gets Lollipop Nov 18th
- SHIELD console on the way?
- NVIDIA SHIELD Tablet tipped
- Tegra shifts away from mobile
- Check out the NVIDIA Shield forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: NVIDIA Shield