Fingerprint scanners are all the rage these days. As our mobile devices hold more and more personal data, it’s important to offer convenient, low-level security features to help keep them locked tight. According to the folks at SamMobile, Samsung is prepping a new tablet line dubbed the Samsung Galaxy Tab S launching later this year in both 8.4-inch and 10.5-inch varieties.
We know, it was only a few weeks ago Samsung announced the wallet-friendly Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 in 7, 8, an 10-inch flavors. But Samsung is planning something special for this rumored Galaxy Tab S, said to feature a stunning 2560×1600 resolution AMOLED display as its pièce de résistance — a first of its kind.
To help keep the tablet safe from unwanted guests, Samsung will once again turn to a fingerprint scanner — as found on the recently launched Samsung Galaxy S5 — integrated inside the tablet’s home button. While some may have seen Samsung’s attempt at a fingerprint scanner in the Galaxy S5 as a “me too” iPhone feature, they just might be able to beat Apple to the punch by being first to throw it inside a tablet. Other Galaxy Tab S specs include:
Samsung Galaxy Tab S specs
- Octa-core Exynos 5 (5420) featuring four 1.9GHz Cortex-A15 cores, and four 1.3GHz Cortex-A7 cores – 6-core ARM Mali-T628 GPU clocked at 533MHz
- 3GB of 32-bit dual-channel 933 MHz LPDDR3e RAM
- 8MP (3264×2448) camera with 1080p Full HD video recording / 2.1-Megapixel (1920×1080) front facing camera
- IR blaster
- Perforated “leather” design a la Samsung Galaxy S5
Expect WiFi and LTE variants for both the 8.4-ich and 10.5-inch models. No word on expected launch date or pricing, but we suspect Samsung’s Unpacked episode 2 event could be a likely place to unveil a new tablet lineup. We’ll keep you posted.
- Google auto insurance comparison
- Metal for OnePlus Two
- Deal: Watch Transformers for free
- Galaxy S6 Camera Pro Mode
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy Tab S