Samsung has announced a new phone with an insane camera slapped onto the back of it. It’s the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom, a phone we’ve been talking about for the past few weeks leading up to today’s unveiling. We already know quite a good deal about it, but let’s take a recap now that everything has been made official.
The most important component — that huge camera on the back — is a 20.7 megapixel BSI CMOS sensor, which also features optical image stabilization, auto focus / auto exposure separation, and a 10x optical zoom (24-240mm) with aperture F/3.1-6.3. It’s flanked by an auto focus-assist LED lamp on the back, as well as a Xenon flash.
The result of all that wizardry should be a phone that takes some gorgeous photos… for a phone’s standard, anyway. It’s not going to knock off your favorite DSLR or anything, but you won’t find a much better camera sensor than this on a device that also makes phone calls and can surf the web.
The rest of the Galaxy K Zoom offers a pretty decent experience for those in need of a phone that can stand up to any task. Its specs lay out like the following:
- 4.8-inch 720p HD display
- Hexa-Core 1.3GHz quad-core chipset with a 1.7GHz dual-core chipset
- 2GB of RAM
- 8GB of internal storage w/ microSDXC card slot
- 2 megapixel front camera
- 1080p HD recording and playback at 60 frames per second
- 2,430 mAh battery
- Dual-band WiFi N, LTE, a-GPS w/ GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, USB 2.0 and NFC
- Android 4.4 KitKat with Samsung’s TouchWiz UX
Unfortunately there aren’t any camera samples ready for us to gawk over at this time, but we imagine the photos produced by this thing won’t be anything short of impressive for how much you’ll probably be able to buy one. Unfortunately Samsung hasn’t given any word on availability just yet, though we imagine its Singaporean debut somewhat confirms Asia will get the first swing.
[via Samsung Tomorrow]
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy K Zoom forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy K Zoom