Samsung’s history of delayed upgrades for Samsung Galaxy Note 2 owners seems to finally be, well, history. They’ve started delivering Android 4.4 KitKat to the masses, with the first rollouts of the latest version of Android reported to have begun in France.
The upgrade — which will bring your build up to N7100XXUFND3 — is available through Kies, and it brings with it all of the KitKat bits you expect alongside all of Samsung’s own changes (which include the addition of KNOX, a camera shortcut to the lock-screen and more).
Of course, those on carrier-branded versions of the Note 2 will have to wait a while yet, because these things often take a while to get through testing, certification and carrier approval. If you have the unlocked version and you happen to live in France, though, then help yourself to a break today. Let us know how you’re liking it in the comments straight ahead.
- Verizon HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.3 on Wednesday 9/10
- Verizon HTC One M7 receiving Android 4.4.3 this week
- HTC One M8 receives Android 4.4.3 on T-Mobile
- AT&T Moto X gets Android 4.4.4, Sprint model receives soak test
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.