Quick heads-up for those of you looking to get one of Samsung’s latest affordable tablets from the Galaxy Tab line. They have announced that the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 will be available in the United States starting May 1st, with pre-sales for the new slates opening up as early as tomorrow morning.
This line comes in at three size options — a 7-inch version will run you $199, 8.0 runs you $270, and 10.1 runs you $350. The devices don’t quite stack up to Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro or Note Pro lineup, but for those prices you are getting some very decent internals:
- 1.2GHz quad-core processor
- 1.5GB of RAM
- 1280 x 800 resolution
- 16GB of internal storage (8GB option available for 7-inch variant)
- 3 megapixel rear camera, 1.3 megapixel front camera
- WiFi N, Bluetooth 4.0 and GPS w/ GLONASS
- Android 4.4 KitKat
Where to buy it? You’ll have to fancy either Samsung.com, Amazon.com, Best Buy, Fry’s, Office Depot, OfficeMax, PC Richard and Son, Sears, or Tiger Direct if you want to buy one. Not a bad set of retailers.
Samsung also reminded us that 4G-equipped versions of these devices will be headed to all 4 major carriers starting this summer, though exact size options will vary from carrier to carrier.
- AT&T Galaxy Tab 4 available
- Best Android Tablets [June '14]
- Galaxy Tab 4 series announced
- Android 5.0 Lollipop: Ambient display mode