Sony stood firm on their stance to move forward with their own smartwatch platform instead of going with Android Wear, and they’re making nice on their commitment with a huge software upgrade for the latest model. The new Sony SmartWatch 2 goods come in a very hefty package, but not without reason. Here’s what’s on tap:
- New watch faces, with the ability to customize them — drag and drop elements using your phone or on the watch itself.
- Six new wallpapers
- Caclulator app
- Improved Gmail and Facebook apps with better syncing. Facebok posts are also scrollable.
- New setting to enable or disable vibration on Bluetooth connect or disconnect
Sony says things haven’t even started heating up yet, though, with plans to bring even more upgrades down the pipeline. There’s no telling what those upgrades are or how far up the pipeline they are, but history tells us the wait won’t be too unbearable.
The only thing you need to do to get your hands on this one is update the SmartWatch 2 app in the Google Play Store. Head over there to take care of it as soon as you can.
- Field Wallpaper
- Moto G 2nd Gen gets Lollipop (again)
- Spotify playback no longer interrupted by aud
- HTC One M9 exposed in test photo
TAGS: Sony SmartWatch 2