Seems Verizon wanted to deliver some KitKat love without drumming up a ton of noise, as they’ve quietly started rolling the upgrade out the upgrade to their LG G2. It’s build VS98024A, but there’s one catch in order to get it — you’ll need a Windows PC, as it’s only available using the Verizon Software Upgrade Assistant.
The tool is available by hooking your LG G2 up to your Windows PC using a USB port. You should be prompted to install it automatically. From there, follow all the prompts and you should be well on your way to KitKat.
There’s no full changelog to be had at this time, though you can expect everything that comes with the base KitKat upgrade. Any LG or Verizon changes will have to come with official word, but we have a feeling that won’t take long to come to light. Give it a go on your G2 if you have one and let us know how it’s treating you!
[Thanks to everyone who sent this in!]
- LG G2 gets Lollipop via unofficial CyanogenMod 12 build
- LG G3 gets Lollipop Q4 2014
- Unlocked HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 + EYE Experience tomorrow
- HTC One M8 receiving Android 4.4.4 and EYE Experience in Europe
- Check out the LG G2 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android 4.4, Android 4.4 KitKat, Android KitKat, KitKat, LG G2