We might be right into the thick of the Samsung Galaxy S5 launch, but that doesn’t mean the South Korean company doesn’t have other goodies in the pipeline. It looks like Samsung might be looking to formally introduce the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom by the end of this month, with invitations for an April 29th press invites for a Singapore event going out.
The event asks folks to “Kapture the Moment,” which is almost a dead giveaway as to what they’ll be wanting to discuss. Unfortunately for Samsung we already have a pretty decent idea about the makeup of their second camera phone. Here are some of the early specs that were outed in a benchmark listing early on:
- 4.8-inch 720p SAMOLED display
- Exynos “hexa-core” SoC
- 2GB of RAM
- 20 megapixel camera with 10x zoom and Xenon flash
- 16GB internal storage
- Android 4.4.2 KitKat.
Not too shabby. Oh, and as for that whole “K” thing in the invitation? Rumors are suggesting this will be known as the Samsung Galaxy K once it’s revealed (because “Zoom” just isn’t doing it for them, for whatever reason).
- Galaxy K teased on Instagram
- New Samsung Galaxy K photos leaked
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom leaked
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom specs revealed
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy K forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.