Still shrouded in mystery, with every passing day we’re hoping LG will finally make official the oft rumored LG G3. As far as possible carriers the phone will eventually be available on, we had little doubt the G3 would be making its way on over to Sprint (LG and Sprint have a good history together). Today, a new leak may be finally confirming those suspicions.
A device going by the model number LG LS990 (the previous Sprint G2 was LS980) showed up in a user agent profile. According to what was reported, this phone lines up perfectly with what we’ve been hearing about the LG G3. The only part that seems a little off is the fact that it was still using a Snapdragon 800 processor, the exact same SoC from the G2. Here’s the spec list:
Sprint LG G3 (LG LS990)
- Processor: 2.3GHz quad-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974)
- Operating system: Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- Cellular connectivity: LTE / EVDO / IS2000
- Other connectivity: GPS, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth
- Display: 5.5-inch QHD (1440×2560)
- RAM: 3GB of RAM
- Internal storage: 32GB
- External storage: MicroSD cards up to 64GB
- Rear-facing camera: 13MP (Highest Image Resolution:4160×3120)
- Front-facing camera: 2.1M (Camcorder Resolution:1920×1080)
Yesterday, we got a sneak peek at the new UI LG might be going with for their 2K monster. And while a Snapdragon 800 processor may sound a bit disappointing, we’d be willing to bet this is only an early prototype model used for testing. Even if not, would that really be a deal breaker for any of you?
With a 5.5-inch display, it seems LG is creeping ever to slightly into phablet territory. With our sights already set on the Samsung Galaxy S5, HTC One M8, and the Sony Xperia Z2 for this year, it’d be nice to have one more option to mull over. Which phone are you waiting for?
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- HTC One M8 decoy units hiding real design
- Check out the LG G3 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: LG G3