Talk about the newly-launched Samsung Galaxy S5 at AndroidForums.com!
It’s Friday, folks, and in case you had any doubts about Samsung’s ability to pull off a global simultaneous launch of a flagship smartphone, you can erase all of them. The Samsung Galaxy S5 has launched to eager consumers in more than 125 countries today, meaning you should be able to find this thing in nearly any market where there’s demand for smartphones.
Those countries include all major carriers here in the United States, which is a fresh change of pace from the norm we’re used to (where those of us in this collection of 50 states tend to have to wait a few weeks or even a few months). The Samsung Galaxy S5 comes in with pretty respectable specs for today’s standard. Take a look at the quick tale of the tape in case you aren’t convinced:
- Android 4.4 KitKat
- 2.5GHz quad-core processor
- 5.1-inch 1080p HD Super AMOLED display
- 2GB of RAM
- 16 megapixel rear camera with 4K video recording
- 2 megapixel front camera
- 16GB / 32GB of internal storage (microSD up to 128GB)
- 2,800mAh battery
It’ll also feature a fingerprint scanner, some cool new TouchWiz features such as Download Booster (only available in certain carriers) and more. That’s right in line with devices like the HTC One M8, and even comes close to matching newcomer OnePlus One’s high ambitions.
We went hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy S5 back at Mobile World Congress, so be sure to check that out if you want a closer look at this thing before you decide to go out and drop hundreds of dollars on it. Let us know if you’ll be picking one up by participating in today’s poll and leaving a comment below!
- Name your price web design course
- MLB.com At Bat Redesigned
- Huawei-made Nexus coming this year?
- Xperia Z4 Tablet pics leak
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S5