T-Mobile is continuing to count down the days until they implement their latest uncarrier moves. Yesterday, they revealed a new entry-level plan for $40 that gives folks unlimited talk and text with 500MB of data for $40 per month. Announcement 2 of 3 deals with tablets, and how sucky other carriers make it to add connected devices to their account.
They’re calling their latest moves “Tablet Freedom,” and here’s what it’ll bring:
- A T-Mobile 4G LTE + Wi-Fi tablet for zero down and pay no more than you’d pay for the cheaper Wi-Fi-only model of the same tablet.
- 1GB of free 4G LTE data each month combined with the 200MB of free data you already automatically get every month with T-Mobile’s previously announced “Free Data for Life” offer
- Access to T-Mobile’s JUMP! program and Contract Freedom program, where T-Mobile will pay every penny of your ETFs from another carrier when you trade-in your existing tablet at T-Mobile, including Wi-Fi only tablets, and upgrade to your latest-generation tablet of choice at the new lower same-as-Wi-Fi prices.
No convoluted process to get a tablet line added to an account primarily meant for phones. No extra charges simply because it’s a bigger device. No more justifying a $300 premium over the price of the WiFi model simply because it has 4G radios. That’s the kind of stuff that all adds up to make T-Mobile one of the most compelling options in the game (even if their coverage isn’t up to snuff yet).
Like the Simple Starter plan, these changes will be available starting April 12th, and it wouldn’t be a bad guess to suggest whatever tomorrow’s announcement ends up being will be available that day, as well. Circle back for more news on that front as the week winds down.
- Un-carrier 10.0 coming June 25th
- T-Mobile makes move on business
- T-Mobile Uncarrier 9.0 details
- T-Mobile Smartphone Equality details
TAGS: T-Mobile Uncarrier , Tablet Freedom