What a crazy week it has been. We had a surprising new product launch, a flagship phone review, and tons of “Best” lists for phones, tablets, games, apps, and more. You may have noticed an influx of content going up on the site, and that is something we’re going to continue doing. In order to make sure you don’t miss any of it we have the Phandroid Recap. Below you will find all the big stories and featured articles from the last week. You don’t want to miss a single thing!
Amazon Fire TV
Amazon is finally make their play for the living room with Fire TV. This new set-top box is made to give people quick and easy access to Amazon’s huge library of movies, TV shows, and music. Along with Amazon’s media offerings there are popular apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Pandora. The biggest difference between Fire TV and other set-top boxes is Amazon’s focus on gaming. They put a quad-core processor and 2GB of RAM inside for great performance. For an additional $40 you can get a gaming controller to play Android-based games.
HTC One (M8) Review
HTC’s latest and greatest flagship was put to the test by our own Rob Jackson. Last year we gave high marks to the original HTC One, but did the M8 live up to the hype? Here is an excerpt from our full review with plenty of sample photos and videos:
In a smartphone world where everyone else is pumping out rectangles, HTC cuts through the clutter with the HTC One M8. They take the road less traveled at almost every turn – front-facing speakers, metal unibody frame, cameras that provide an experience instead of a pixel count – and it pays off.
Who doesn’t like a good list? Since this week marked the end of March and the beginning of April we had several lists go up. First we recapped last month with out favorite apps and games. Then we looked forward to this month and let you know our picks for the best phones and tablet currently available. We also put together a list with some of the phones that get the best battery life. Be sure to check out all of these lists below.
Everyone on the internet thinks they are hilarious, and this is never more apparent than on April Fool’s Day. For most people this “holiday” revolves around pranking your friends, but in the tech community we get dozens of fake product launches and parody videos. This year all the usual players came out with their attempts at April Fool’s Day jokes. Some were successful, others were miserable failures. We created a handy April Fool’s Day round-up with many of the popular jokes from tech companies. Check it out!
Top News Stories
There was a ton of regular Android news this week too. Some Google apps are getting redesigned, Apple and Samsung are at it again, HTC defends “dat bezel,” Facebook gets free WiFi calling, and Samsung is buying selfies again. Check out all the trending stories from this week below.
- HTC exec defends the One M8′s infamous black bezel bar
- PSA: HTC One M8 performs factory reset after 10 unsuccessful tries to unlock it [VIDEO]
- Apple is suing Samsung for another $2 billion, and Google’s been asked to help with this one
- Apple vs Samsung 2014 kicks off today, Apple wants Google to sit this one out [UPDATE]
- Leaked Gmail user interface screenshots suggest big changes coming; Hangouts and Calendar, too
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini specs leaked, and it doesn’t sound half bad
What was your favorite story from this week?
- PSA: something broke voice calling on some HT
- Get an HTC Double Dip case for $1, 50% off or
- Cyber Monday: Amazon Fire TV for $69
- Get an unlocked HTC One M8 for $370 (reburbis
- Check out the HTC One M8 forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Amazon Fire TV, HTC One M8, Phandroid Recap