There must be people buying these “Zoom” variants Samsung is making, as yet another one has sprouted up in newly-leaked photos. Samsung is apparently readying the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom, which doesn’t sound to be too close to the Galaxy S5 internally, especially in one glaring area — the camera.
Onboard is said to be a 20 megapixel sensor with 10x optical zoom, and a Xenon flash. The 20 megapixels are 4 more than the predecessor enjoyed, but there’s no word if there have been any other improvements made to the sensor to improve image quality.
Under the hood phone-wise? Here are the early specs said to be coming along for the ride:
- 4.8-inch display with HD resolution (720p?)
- 1.6GHz quad-core CPU or 1.3GHz Samsung Exynos 5 Hexa
- 2GB of RAM
- Android 4.4.2 KitKAt
The source also mentions it’s “much thinner and lighter” than the Galaxy S4 Zoom, and that the camera sensor is more flush within the device’s housing. Not much else is known about it beyond that, though it does appear Samsung will be returning to the fake leather routine they’ve been enjoying as of late.
While bite-sized camera modules inside most smartphones are beginning to improve to a point where they can somewhat rival entry-level DSLRs, there’s nothing quite like having a meaty sensor on the back of your phone. If that’s your thing then you’ll want to make plans to grab one of these whenever it eventually arrives later this year.
- Google Search testing Chat feature for businesses
- Nexus 6 launching March 12th with VoLTE baked in
- Moto 360 coming to Moto Maker in March
- Samsung debuts 128GB UFS storage
- Check out the Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Samsung Galaxy S5 Zoom