The tech world was set ablaze this week by a ton of interesting happenings, the biggest of which was the launch of the all new HTC One M8 in New York City. There were a ton more, though, so let’s dive right into a convenient recap in case you missed any of it!
This device debuted to mixed feelings by the Phandroid faithful, but the HTC One M8 is still one of the hottest devices we’ll see this year. It improves on the original HTC One in many ways, including a beefy Snapdragon 801 processor, a 5-inch 1080p display, louder BoomSound speakers and a secondary rear camera that gives you some interesting post-snap focus features. Missed any of our live on-scene coverage? Here’s a quick rundown of everything for your perusal:
- HTC One M8 hands-on video
- HTC One M8 vs Samsung Galaxy S5
- HTC One M8 Dot View case hands-on video
- Are you buying the all new HTC One M8?
- When and where to buy the HTC One M8
- HTC One M8 (2014) vs HTC One (2013)
- Watch the HTC One M8 get tortured
- Talking about the HTC One M8 at AndroidForums.com
And with the device in not only our hands, but everyone else’s at this point, there’s sure to be more to follow.
Amazon has an event going down next week, and they’ve already revealed it’s all about video. Recent rumors say we could be seeing some sort of multimedia set-top box or an HDMI dongle that can plug into the back of your TV like a Chromecast would.
We imagine the main focus would be to allow you to watch your Amazon Instant Video content on the big screen, and perhaps give you access to other third-party services such as Netflix and Hulu. Amazon could also be looking to prep some gaming features, with rumors swirling that the online retailer has been looking to dabble in the interactive entertainment arena.
It’s Spring time, folks, and we’re sure a lot of people are looking to get fit after some winter hibernation. That’s why we thought you might enjoy a nice 30-day fitness challenge where we attempt to discover the best Android apps that can help you lose weight. We invite you guys to join in on the fun and suggest some great apps of your own!
Other big Android stories on Phandroid
There was much more going on this week around the Android world. Here’s but a small taste of some of the most interesting stories you might have missed this week:
- Download all 18 HTC One M8 wallpapers
- Powered by Android — the new branding initiative by Google
- Cerberus hacked — change your password today
- Candy Crush Saga developer suffers underwhelming IPO
- ZTE Nubia X6 is the most ridiculous phone ever
- Sony says no to Android Wear
- Portal heads to NVIDIA SHIELD after price cut
- OnePlus One to be fully unveiled April 23rd
Be sure to check out all of those great stories and more right here on Phandroid.com!
Elsewhere in mobile news…
- Google takes a big step toward allowing their services on Windows Phone
- Microsoft Office is now available for iPad
- New screenshots show off the Store in Windows Phone 8.1
- Apple is currently deep in negotiations with Comcast
- How to send and receive text messages without touching your phone [Video]
- Microsoft is offering free Touch Covers with Surface tablets
- Microsoft finally begins improving Windows Phone Store search
- Download: Android 5.1 Lollipop for Huawei Ascend Mate 2
- AT&T Moto X 2nd Gen receiving Android 5.1 Lollipop
- New Google Fit partners and data for devs
- Best Apps from June