We know, some of you were probably wondering if it was ever coming. But good things come to those who wait, and for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 owners on AT&T, today is your lucky day. Announced earlier this afternoon, AT&T has officially announced that Android 4.4.2 KitKat is finally ready, and will be rolling out in an over the air update to Galaxy Note 3s starting today.
Besides all the fun stuff that comes along with the latest version (at least for now) of Android, Galaxy Note 3 owners can also look forward to the following:
- Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
- Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
- Improved GPS performance
- Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
- Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
- Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
- Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
- New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.
If your phablet hasn’t prompted you for the update, you can always manually check for the update by going into the Settings app > selecting the “More” tab > then tapping About device > Software update > Check for updates > at which point the over-the-air update will being downloading. Once finished, expect your phone to reboot and once fully loaded, bask in the glory of all things KitKat. Heck, even take a selfie to celebrate. Enjoy!
For additional update instructions, visit the Note 3 support page here.
- More Samsung devices get Lollipop
- Note 3 in India gets Lollipop
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 running Android 5.0 Lollipop [VIDEO]
- Note 3 passes bend test