AT&T is on a roll. After announcing earlier today that the Galaxy Note 3 was being treated to KitKat, the 2nd largest carrier in the US is back and divulging some important info about their upcoming smartphone/tablet hybrid — the recently announced ASUS Padfone X.
It was all the way back in January AT&T first announced that they’d be carrying the ASUS Padfone X later this year. The problem is, they were mum on many of the hardware details, leaving us to wonder what kind of changes in hardware (if any) the PadFone X would receive that would separate it from last year’s ASUS PadFone Infinity. Turns out, not much. AT&T took to their blog to reveal the PadFone X’s specs, all of which can be found down below.
- PadFone: 143.93 x 72.46 x 9.98 mm (150g)
- PadFone Station: 250.4 x 172.25 x 11.63 mm (514g)
- Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- PadFone: 5”, 1920 x 1080 (441PPI)
- PadFone Station: 9”, 1920 X 1200 (252PPI)
- PadFone: 13MP Pixel Master + 2MP front-facing
- PadFone Station: 1MP front-facing
- 2.3Ghz quad-core
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 800
- 16GB (2GB RAM)
- microSD™ slot in smartphone extends external memory up to 64GB
- WiFi (802.11 a/b/g/n/ac)
- BT 4.0
- PadFone : 2,300mAh
- PadFone Station: 4,990mAh
As you can see, the phone has aged pretty well, offering many of the high-end specs typical of this year’s flagships. For those interested in the PadFone X’s “Design Story,” ASUS North America uploaded a quick overview video. The video covers many of the tablet/hybrids main hardware points, in ASUS’ typical cheesy voice-over style.
AT&T was still quiet on pricing and availability, although they promise to have more details soon. We’ll keep you posted.
- ASUS Padfone X pre-orders start next week
- AT&T ASUS PadFone X ad is the worst [VIDEO]
- AT&T to be the exclusive US carrier of t
- Nexus 5 back in stock on Google Play
- Check out the ASUS Padfone X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: ASUS Padfone X