Just because HTC’s been busy, oh you know… launching their brand new flagship device for 2014 doesn’t mean they forgot about their current customers. Take owners of the HTC One Mini which, starting today, are seeing Android 4.4.2 KitKat rollout to their devices on AT&T.
The update also brings along with an updated version of HTC’s customer user interface (Sense 5.5), as well as other enhancements like an improved dialer, BlinkFeed app, and various other KitKat goodies. Here’s what HTC One Mini users can expect.
- Improved user interface with Android (4.4 KitKat): The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as restyled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security, enhanced bluetooth and smarter power use.
- Phone dialer app: The phone app now includes the ability to look up contacts directly from the dial pad, see and tap frequent contacts, and search corporate directories easily.
- Caller ID: Whenever a call is received from a phone number not in saved in contacts, the phone will look for matches from businesses with a local listing on Google Maps.
- HTC BlinkFeed™ app: The new menu gives quicker access to switch content sources and search for custom topics and includes more news sources.
- New copy and paste options: Copy and paste allows users to share or Google highlighted information.
- New e-mail user interface: E-mail look and feel similar to Gmail and allows in-line editing.
- Camera app from lock screen: Click on the camera app icon on the lock screen for quick access to the camera app.
- Control music from the lock screen: Jump to specific past songs or videos from lock screen.
- Immersive viewing: Immersive mode enables full screen viewing of books, videos, and games.
- New clock interface: The clock now has an enhanced analog user interface.
If you haven’t been prompted, as always, you can jump into your Settings > Software update to begin downloading. Additional update instructions can be found here. Godspeed.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the HTC One Mini forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Android 4.4.2, HTC One Mini, KitKat