Amazon is putting on another one of their famous SD and microSD card sales, with today’s featured manufacturer being everyone’s favorite South Korean company that currently has a choke hold on the Android phone arena. That would be Samsung, of course, as their tiny little storage chips are on sale for up to 65% off at the online retailer today only.
Options in the microSD family range from the 16GB class 10 PLUS to the 64GB Class 10 PRO models. The difference between Plus and Pro? The former gives you up to 48MB/s transfer speeds, while the latter bumps that up to about 70MB/s. Here’s the full breakdown:
- 16GB Plus: $9.99 (usually $21.99)
- 32GB Plus: $17.99 (usually $42.99)
- 64GB Plus: $35.99 (usually $54.99)
- 16GB Pro: $14.99 (usually $44.99)
- 32GB Pro: $24.99 (usually $64.99)
- 64GB Pro: $49.99 (usually $99.99)
And now, for the regular-sized SD cards (for use with a small amount of Android tablets):
- 16GB Plus: $8.99 (usually $21.99)
- 32GB Plus: $16.99 (usually $42.99)
- 16GB Pro: $14.99 (usually $69.99)
- 32GB Pro: $23.99 (usually $39.99)
- 64GB Pro: $49.99 (usually $69.99)
The difference between Plus and Pro for the SD lineup is 48MB/s for the former versus 80MB/s for the latter. Not lost on us in that list of options is the fact that the 16GB Pro usually costs just as much as the 64GB Pro. Nonsensical, but at least Amazon sort of “fixed” that with this temporary sale.
Those are great discounts indeed, though some will argue that the cards are already a tad overpriced compared to options from SanDisk and other competing flash storage manufacturers. Regardless, if owning the Samsung brand is that important to you, then this is your best chance to grab these cards at affordable rates. Head to Amazon to get started, and don’t forget to check out our huge list of devices which support microSDXC!
- LIST: Phones that work with 128GB MicroSD
- Samsung announces all metal Galaxy A5 and A3
- Secret of Mana now available for Android
- Android founder Andy Rubin is leaving Google
TAGS: MicroSD, MicroSDXC, Samsung microSD, SD