Google is getting ready to take their wearable headset into the mainstream. In an unexpected announcement made only moments ago via their official Google+, the Google Glass team have revealed their newest partnership in Glass eyewear: Luxottica. For those unaware, Luxottica are the folks responsible for such popular brands as Oakley, Ray-Ban, Arnette, Oliver-Peoples and more.
According to Google, these guys will not only help in building and designing Glass compatible sunglasses and prescription lenses, but because of their retail prowess (over 5,000 stores in the US), will help make Glass available to even more people once it’s officially ready for public consumption.
It’s still unclear whether we’ll see Oakley/Ray-Ban specific Google Glass designs, or if the partnership is only referring to the attachable shades/lenses. We’ve reached out to Google for comment and will let you know when we hear more.
- Project Tango graduates from Google ATAP
- Lollipop for HTC One M8 and M7 delayed
- Nexus 7 LTE Android 5.0.2 factory images available
- LG G4 could have 3K display
- Check out the Google Glass forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Google Glass