The folks at BGR may have given us our first glimpse at the upcoming OnePlus One. A device that, up until now, has been shrouded in mystery, the only thing we really know about the phone are a few key specs the OnePlus team has revealed on their Google+ hype-page. Here’s what we know so far…
Official OnePlus One specs (so far)
- 2.3GHz Snapdragon 800 quad-core processor
- 5.5-inch 1080p JDI display covering 72% surface area
- 3,100mAh battery + “Mystery Tech”
- Always-listening feature
- Software or capacitive button options
- Software: CyanogenMod
- Price: under $400
Okay, so it’s not an actual picture of the device in the wild, just a few sketches drawn up by the design team. Still unclear is how far along the design was in these sketches, and if the final retail version will look similar or drastically different. If you look carefully, you’ll notice some notes jotted down hinting at an aluminum unibody design, and a power button along the side (ala Sony Xperia Z2).
Where the recently leaked Oppo Find 7 may have left some feeling underwhelmed in terms of overall design (we’ll admit, it does look a bit generic), it’s clear that the OnePlus team will be placing a big emphasis on the looks of their new smartphone (as well as specs). First impressions are important, after all.
The OnePlus One will be officially unveiled on March 17th, but because the OnePlus fellas are on the other side of the globe (in the future), we should see it as early as the 16th. Anyone think this new smartphone can possibly live up to the hype?
- NSFW: Samsung Gear VR porn
- AT&T is rolling out Android 4.4.4 for th
- Break the internet: Kim Kardashian stars in T
- Download: Facebook Lite for Android
- Check out the OnePlus One forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: One+, OnePlus, OnePlus One