Yesterday, we learned a bit more about the all new HTC One thanks to some leaked advertising materials by one of the carriers planning to sell it. Namely, we learned that the device’s dual cameras would enable 3D effects, better lowlight performance and post-processed focusing.
Even more has leaked today, though. Actually, a lot more has leaked. An entire sales guide for the all new HTC One gives us several new details on the phone, with the document meant to guide salespersons in their attempt to get the device into consumers’ hands. Here are the quick highlights in case you’re curious:
- The all new HTC One is crafted from a single block of aluminum with a brushed metal finish.
- HTC BoomSound stereo front-facing speakers return with dedicated amplifier. Sound is also enhanced through software EQ.
- Motion Launch allows you to answer a call by pulling it up to your ear, open your device straight to BlinkFeed by swiping your hand across the screen, and double tap the display to wake your phone up.
- The HTC Duo camera with UltraPixel technology allows you to refocus images and create depth-of-field effects after the shot has been taken.
- The device will have a 5 megapixel front camera with a wide-angle lens for bettering those all-important selfies.
There was more to be had within the document, though many of the features discussed — such as HTC Zoe and BlinkFeed — were on the HTC One and don’t seem to have many new capabilities (at least, not according to this particular document).
More solid expectations of the device’s specs have started to formulate within the past few weeks, with the HTC One said to be coming with a 5-inch 1080p HD display, a 2.3GHz Snapdragon 801 processor, and a 2,600mAh battery.
Much like the Samsung Galaxy S5, this follow-up to HTC’s 2013 flagship doesn’t sound like a significant jump in terms of sheer horsepower. That said, it should still turn out to be quite the looker, and its hardware should carry it well into the rest of 2014 and beyond. We should know all the details come March 25th when HTC is expected to unveil this thing for the world to see.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus press renders leaked
- OnePlus 2 experience tents bring in crowds of people
- Sony Xperia C5 Ultra and Xperia M5 leak ahead
- Samsung Pay is coming to Europe
TAGS: HC One