When it rains, it pours. That’s exactly what seems to be happening with “the all new” HTC One 2014 today after numerous leaks have begun springing up from the woodwork. The latest leak is a bit more unexpected, with the Verizon Wireless version HTC One 2014 allegedly popping up on eBay. The phone was quickly snatched up by one lucky opportunist for just $500. Nuts.
The listing was able to provide us with our first ever real look at the packaging, with the back of the box listing off the some specs and hardware features we can expect when the phone officially hits store shelves later this year. It also confirms that the phone might in fact simply be called “HTC One,” with HTC using “all new” for marketing purposes (guess we’ll stick with HTC One 2014 then). For those that are finding the text on the box a little difficult to read, here’s what it’s listing off:
- Platform: Android with HTC Sense
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, 2.3GHz quad-core CPUs
- SIM card type: nanoSIM
- Memory: Storage 32GB / RAM 2GB DDR2, Extended memory microSD up to 128GB
- Display: 5-inch 1080p Full HD
- Sound: HTC BoomSound, dual front stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers
- Camera: Duo Camera with UltraPixel, BSI sensor, pixel size 2.0um, F2.0 / 28mm lens, HTC ImageChip2 with HDR video, Front camera: 5MP BSI, wide angle lens with HDR capability, 1080p video recording, HTC Zoe
- Connectivity: 3.5mm stereo audio jack and microUSB, Bluetooth 4.0 with aptX enabled, Wi-Fi, DLNA, GPS/AGPS + GLONASS, NFC, 4G LTE capable
Have to say, we’re a little jealous we didn’t get to the phone first. We’d have gladly paid $500 for a chance at owning this device early. Looking like this thing is nearly all but official now. Anyone happy with what they’re seeing so far?
- HTC One (2014) vs HTC One (2013)
- Hands-on: HTC One Dot View case [VIDEO]
- Where to buy the HTC One M8
- HTC One 2014 is official!
TAGS: All New HTC One, HTC M8, HTC One 2014