After last week’s soak test tipped us off to the impending update, Android 4.4.2 is now officially available for the Sprint Motorola Moto X. The update isn’t a huge bump from the previous Android 4.4 update, but does manage to squash a few bugs while managing to increase battery life. Here’s what Moto X users on Sprint can look forward to when the 156.5MB update hits their device:
Software build: 161.44.32.ghost_sprint.Sprint.en.US
- Printing documents and pictures - Added support for printing photos, Google Docs, GMail messages, and other content via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and hosted services like Google Cloud Print and HP ePrinters.
- Improved battery life - Fixed bugs which caused a small number of users to experience shorter battery life after upgrading to Android 4.4.
- Fixed email sync delays - Fixed a bug that could cause email services like Microsoft Exchange to experience intermittent delays in data synchronization.
And now we wait on AT&T, the only US carrier left to update the Moto X to Android 4.4.2
If you haven’t been prompted yet, you can manually pull the update by jumping into your Settings app, scroll down to “About Phone,” then select “System Updates” > “Download” > and finally, “Install.” Just be careful when using Skype or other apps that utilize your phone’s camera, we hear there was a nasty camera bug that managed to find its way into Android 4.4.2. Cheers!
- Deal: Moto X 2013 for $230
- Buy Verizon Moto X today!
- VZW Moto X available 9/26
- T-Mo Moto X gets 4.4.4
- Check out the Motorola Moto X forums, see the specs, or find news and reviews.
TAGS: Motorola Moto X