Shazam, the service that allows you to identify any song or TV show that is playing, announced we’d be seeing a new upgrade to their Android app, and they’ve detailed what we should be seeing once it’s finally been made available in the Google Play Store. This one is pretty big, bringing a brand new user interface that will allow Shazam to provide an experience that makes it easier to find out more about the content you’re tagging and identifying.
Whether you’re looking for lyrics, looking to buy a track, or simply sharing your latest listening activity to your friends, the upgrade makes everything a lot easier and more enjoyable to use. This is only one phase of a plan to bring many more features in the weeks and months to come, though. Shazam has detailed plans to bring a healthy helping of new features in future upgrades:
- Quick access to lyrics, music video and related songs and artists as soon as a track is identified
- Shazam recommendations
- Immediate access to information about the cast, characters and music in shows from over 160 different channels
- Revamped biography and discography pages
Of course, all of this is coming to you for free, so get to Google Play and download it to see what all the fuss is about in anticipation of the upgrade’s full rollout. We’re not sure how long it’ll take for the rest of the upgrades to make their way to the forefront so just keep an eye on that Google Play Store.
- New Glassware: Zombies Run, Shazam, and more
- Coming soon to Android: Shazam update with al
- Nexus 6 has a hidden RGB LED light
- 1TB of free Drive storage for new Chromebooks